Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Birds { No. 6 }

I have a very dear friend, who, in more ways than one has been heaven sent... Actually she's Heaven Scent to be precise. As in Heaven Scent Apothecary and Accoutrements in Santa Ynez. Maggie Winther is one of the most genuine people you will ever meet; she is warm and funny, and has killer taste♥ More of her customers consider her a friend than not, and they're fiercely loyal. As soon as you walk through her door it becomes very easy to see why. She works hard to find boutique label, high quality products and best of all she is very budget savvy. There are goodies there for everyone and every occasion, she's got it all. She is starting a new blog as well which you can check up on HERE♥

Just this past week she had a Valentine's Day Wine and Chocolate Social, and asked if I would like to come and put together a little table for her, which would also help me get the Bluebird word out. I, of course, jumped at the chance! I rushed home, pulled out all my glitter and fluff, and went straight to work ... voilĂ , 18 hours later I think we had turned out some pretty bang up results!





Now I will admit, it helped a lot that I shamelessly stockpile fancy little odds and ins all over my house (let's face it, a girl never knows when she might need a glittered ampersand) In fact once when my mother was visiting she asked why I had so many junk drawers.... obviously this comment was met with an appropriate level of disgust on my part (junk..how could you!?) And more than once my husband has pulled a wonderful random tidbit out of a drawer and asked "Are you saving this for something?" The answer is always an emphatic YES.
For now, I am bravely testing the water with fingers crossed, and heels on (that one's for you '79 ♥) XO -'83

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Would you please come stock my junk drawers?!? I'll provide a great shade of red for those lips... ~'79

    ReplyDelete