Friday, February 11, 2011

Love Birds { No. 5 }

Babies ♥ I LOOOVE babies. Their smell, their smiles, their chubby little baby necks. There isn't much I wouldn't do to steal kisses from a sleeping baby either; that sweet baby breath and fluttering eyelids, completely peaceful and innocent. It's easy to loose yourself in those moments with them. I know I try to do it as often as possible ♥ I always thought my parents were a little bit crazy when they told me how fast time goes by; that's a hard concept to grasp when your young and it feels like you will be seven foooreeeverrr! I think it takes becoming a parent to really understand just how fleeting these days are. And I can't stand it. I also can't tell you how many times when I have rocked my littlest to sleep, or my older son says something completely hilarious and sweet, that I have stopped and just thought (well more wished, like you do when your eternally seven and all you want is for your mom to turn into Dolly Parton) 'Please never, never grow up'. Because you know that inevitably it's going to happen but there is a little tiny bit of you that thinks maybe if you hope against hope hard enough, time just might stand still. Or for heavens sake at least slow down a bit!

My combined love of babies, and capturing these moments and memories led me to Meg Fish. She is a photographer I found in Santa Barbara, and specifically focuses on pregnancy and newborn. As soon as you look at her work you can understand why; she is immensely talented! Not to mention she is very sweet, patient and truly loves what she does. She has a very tranquil and ethereal aesthetic that perfectly conveys all the love that is wrapped up in these tiny little bundles. She was kind enough to share her talent with me and I would like to now share with you. You can see all her work here and she also has a yummy little blog which she posts some of her stunning work on here She has a new little one herself, who is absolutely darling, and I must say if I had her talent I would never get anything done because I would be forever snapping away at my own babies!

I am, of course, particularly proud of her shots of my own blissful little baby but there is a shot on her blog of a brand new baby asleep on the back of a horse that is beyond beautiful! It almost makes me want to have another baby ... almost XO-'83

No comments:

Post a Comment