Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Love Birds { No. 4 }


Orange ... I can't explain it but lately I have been loving a whole lot of orange. Anyone who knows me will understand just how big an anomaly this really is. You walk into my closet and its a neutral paradise, filled with every shade of grey, white, black, and beige under the sun. I generally consider navy to be a pop of color. I had to think about it for two weeks before I bought my son red sheets. I did buy a pair of pink shoes once when I was feeling particularly frisky ... see, color is a huge commitment for me. But these days I see orange and I want need it; clothes, accessories, bedding, and all types of various home adornments. I love all shades, from coral to rust, muted to bright (thankfully I haven't forayed into neon territory yet!). And I want to pair it with every other color I see: blue, oat, aqua, bright white, pinks and reds, and especially grey ♥


Therein lies the fantastic news(!) my wardrobe is FULL of those colors; boring and unassuming, just crying out for a little orange. Obviously I am more than happy to oblige. The only problem I find myself running into is mustering up the gumption to leave the house in it. I am a bit afraid of unknowingly looking like a big, happy, creamsicle (or rather a family of creamsicles, as I also wish to dress my boys in orange)


It's so cheerful and fun ... you know, come to think of it, I have been feeling especially optimistic these days! Maybe my new found affinity for it comes from my excitement for the future, or feeling like spring is just around the corner, but seeing it instantly makes me feel more creative and inspired. Well, whatever it is that has brought about this surprising color change of heart, I think I'm going to run with it ♥ XO -'83


No comments:

Post a Comment