Monday, April 25, 2011

Grace.  It is my favorite.  It is one of the few single words that means so much, holds such much power and peace.  I can hear it or read it anywhere and instantly identify, be almost transported.  I like it so much I have thought about giving that name to a daughter, and am proud that my name holds it as its meaning.  Mostly, Grace is my God. 

And I am always awed how God works.  As of late this concept has been ‘gracing’ my path often.  I have started a book and a workshop on Grace Based Parenting – Wow, I think it’s gonna be good.  Then Easter, the best example of Grace I know.  The Easter church service focused on God’s Grace.  My experiences over the last week; filled with grace.

For me grace is freedom and security.  It is how I can face each day. It is my hope, hope that I can be a better person and learn from yesterday.  Not be stifled by my mistakes and shortcoming.  It is joy.  It is life lessons.  Truly, is it indefinable, at least in its entirety.   I do know that Grace is my Jesus and for that I am forever thankful….

Here is a glimpse into my recent grace.


New Discoveries

 Beginnings


My daughter understanding more deeply the burial and Resurrection of Christ this year.  We made resurrection rolls as a fun tangible way to understand


Creating together

The gift of creativity and humor


Being able to be called Mama by these two gifts.  Understanding a bit more about how much God loves us, His children, as a result. 


Simple joys

Peace

A family to love and that loves me.  A family that brings learning experiences and forgives shortcomings.  A place to try to practice grace and reap its benefits when we get it close.  A core from which God's Grace is reflected, I hope.

I am forever grateful   ~ '79

1 comment:

  1. Aww Annie, what a great post! Love the photos too. I think you are getting the hang of your new camera.

    ReplyDelete